In this episode of the RavenCast, Lindsey Paris-Lopez and I are joined by our special guests, Tony and Linda Bartlett. We discuss Tony’s latest book Seven Stories: How to Study and Teach the Nonviolent Bible and how Linda helped create the book. You can watch the video of the conversation below, or listen to the podcast above. You can also subscribe to the RavenCast on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, or Podbean.
Today we have two special guests to discuss “Seven Stories,” Tony and Linda Bartlett.
In this episode, we discuss the process of writing the book and the community that formed it.
We also discussed some other topics, including:
- How the Bible is honest about violence and how it helps us see the nonviolent God
- The story of Jacob and Esau is a story of nonviolence and forgiveness.
- How Job challenges Deuteronomic theology that says you suffer because you have sinned.
- The sign of Jonah is the sign that God is nonviolent responds with love that embraces enemies.
- The Bible transforms our view of redemption away from “paying someone back” or revenge to one of forgiveness.
You can stay up to date with Tony on Facebook.