Educate ourselves about nonviolent communication and methods of de-escalation and teach these practices at young ages.
S3:E9 EPISODE SUMMARY
After another mass shooting that killed 19 chldren, two children and wounded many others, we are left asking, what can we do? Pastor Adam talked with his friend Micheal Garcia, a retired police officer, gun owner, and NRA member, about myths and solutions to our gun problem.
Gun Solution Myths
- More guns
- Open Carry
- No restrictions
- Mental Illness
Actions You Can Take
- Know the Second Amendment – A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
- Understand Gun legislation, registration, and licensing – impulsive gun buying
- Seek to ban assault rifles like AR-15s
- Organize – Groups like the NRA are well organized. How can we be better organized?
- Call state and local officials.
- Learn to manage fear and help others to manage fear – social media posts?
- Host your very own evening of information and action to educate your friends and community about gun violence.
- Educate ourselves about nonviolent communication and methods of de-escalation and teach these at young ages.
Take A Breath with Us
Our weekly newsletter creates a space to take a breath. Once we slow down, we can see the way desire, imitation, and conflict operate in our lives and in the world, and begin to create peace. In addition to the newsletter, you will receive the free "Unlearn the Bible" ebook when you subscribe.
“One Question with Pastor Adam” is a Raven Foundation production.
“One Question with Pastor Adam” is back for Season 3! Tune in to the live broadcast on the Raven Foundation Facebook page on Thursdays at 11a Pacific Time. Podcast episodes will become available the following Monday.
Have a question you’d like to see answered on the podcast? Submit it via email.